Maryland Green Card Attorneys
If you are looking for a green card lawyer in Maryland, the Law Firm of Annapolis can help. Whether you are in need of a green card for yourself or someone you love, or if your green card is in jeopardy due to any number of factors, our legal team can help you get to the bottom of these issues and seek the best resolution possible. Immigration law is a complex code, consulting someone you can trust and who has the experience necessary to navigate even the most complex of cases is essential.
How does one get a green card in Maryland?
For those who hope to immigrate to the U.S. and become citizens, getting a green card is an important part of this process. There are several ways to get a green card, including the following:
- Employment. If your employer sponsors you and you are able to obtain a work visa, you can get a green card in this manner.
- Family. If your family members are legal permanent residents or U.S. citizens, they can sponsor you for a green card.
- Asylum. Those who are granted asylum or refugee status can get a green card after being in the United States for one year.
- Lottery. Each year, 50,000 green cards are awarded randomly to those who register online and are residents of countries who have lower immigrations to the United Sates.
- Registry or Congressional Acts. These apply to only small groups.
Local Maryland communities we serve include:
- Severna Park
- Anne Arundel County
Learn more about green cards
When immigrants move to the United States and are granted the right to live here permanently, they are given what is called a green card. Although they are no longer green, this term refers to an older immigration practice in which immigrants who were granted this status were given green receipts. Today, the green card has kept this name and is a stepping stone on the path to American citizenship.
Benefits of a green card include:
- Those who have their green card and keep it for five years are eligible to apply for American citizenship.
- If you have a green card and are married to an American citizen, you can apply after only three years.
- Ability to sponsor others to get their green card, including family members
- Ability to work legally
- Education and healthcare benefits
- Can exit and enter the United States (as long as you do not leave for an extended period of time)
Call us today
If you need help getting a green card or would like to sponsor someone looking to obtain one, don’t take chances by trying to navigate the process on your own. Contacting a Maryland green card lawyer from the Rodriguez-Nanney Law Firm in Annapolis will help you understand and navigate this complex process.