H1B, B1/B2 Work Visa Immigration Attorneys
The Maryland based immigration attorneys at the Rodriguez-Nanney Law Firm in Annapolis are dedicated to providing competent legal advice regarding H1B visas, and B1 or B2 visas in a trusting and cost-effective manner. Our staff attorneys are fluent in Spanish, and routinely process non-immigrant visa petitions for clients within the United States and all around the world.
How are H1B, B1 and B2 visas different?
Immigration Law is federal in scope, meaning we can process cases for clients from all 50 states and all over the world, and there are important differences between each of these types of visas.
The H1B Visa
The H1B visa allows professionals with specialized knowledge to come into this country and bring that important knowledge and skill set to add value to the United States. Some professions that are included under this type of visa are computer analysts, computer programmers, web designers, engineers, doctors, nurses, architects, and scientists.
Important things to know about this type of visa include:
- There are only 65,000 of these visas issues each year
- The visa holder can apply for a green card if their employer sponsors the application
- The visa is good for three years but can be extended to six if the application extension is approved.
The B1 Visa
This visa is used for those who want to come to the United States to conduct business but will not be receiving a salary or any form of payment. Although this used to be a relatively simple visa to obtain, the rules have become more stringent over the past decade.
With this visa, you are:
- Able to apply for visa extensions and/or a green card with proper support
- Usually able to stay for six months
The B2 Visa
The B2 visa is considered a tourist visa and is necessary for all visitors who are not covered under the visa waiver program. Others who may be interested in or need this visa include:
- Visitors who intend to stay for more than 90 days
- Hope to change to another non-immigrant status after arrival
- Seek to become a permanent resident and apply for a green card
- Those seeking medical treatment
Local Maryland communities we serve include:
- Severna Park
- Anne Arundel County
Contact us for immigration guidance today
The Maryland based Rodriguez-Nanney Law Firm in Annapolis has experience with visas and other immigration concerns. If you or someone you know is looking for a law firm they can trust with these important issues, contact us today.